No matter your status – single, dating, engaged, or married – relationships take work. Your own actions, words, and thoughts undoubtedly play a role.
Here, we’ve distilled it down to the very best advice experts have learned. Regardless of your personal situation, their words may help you uncover the key to long-lasting happiness.
- Do or say something daily to show your appreciation.
- Realise every relationship has value, regardless of how long it lasts.
- Never take your partner for granted.
- Remember to give breaks.
- It’s not what you fight about – it’s how you fight.
- Stop trying to be each other’s “everything.”
- Look for someone with similar values.
- Try a nicer approach to bring up an issue.
- Make sure you’re meeting your partner’s needs.
- Take care of yourself.
- Don’t forget to keep things hot.
- Create a fulfilling life for yourself.
- Identify your “good conflicts,” and work on them together – “Don’t run from that conflict. It’s supposed to be there. In fact, it’s your key to happiness as a couple.”
Credit: Locke Hughes I Photo: Katrin Baustmann