1. Don’t forget to laugh. Most couples spend the majority of their time talking logistics: who’s doing the grocery shopping, who’s calling the repairman, who’s picking up the kids. A relationship can’t survive on logistics. Have a water fight instead.
2. Leave the toilet seat down.
3. If it’s not solved at 2:30 a.m., it’s not going to be solved at 3:00 a.m. either.
Go to sleep. You can deal with it tomorrow, assuming you even remember what the fight was about.
4. Let her cry. She needs to every now and then.
5. Don’t bug him if he doesn’t cry. Some men just don’t show their feelings. That’s why they’re men.
6. Don’t think he’s gross if he farts. Don’t think she’s pathetic if she obsesses over paint colours. You married someone of the opposite gender. That’s what life is about.
7. Don’t run to your mom if your spouse does something you don’t like. You’re a unit now. Act like it.
8. Say yes far more frequently than you say no.
*Apply only if it’s applicable
Credit: Sheila Wray Gregoire Photo: Miriam Müller