Grand gestures are way overrated. Sometimes it’s the small, simple things that make a huge difference in your relationship.
- Tell your partner what you ate for lunch.
- Say thank you, even for the small expected things.
- Work out together.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Snuggle up at night.
- Show positive interest in the random things they’re interested in.
- Schedule actual couple time, even if it’s just for fifteen minutes before bed.
- Split the housework.
- Get excited about your partner’s good news and accomplishments.
- Plan a night out with your friends, without your partner.
Credit: Carolyn Kylstra I Photo: Katrin Baustmann